It is estimated that there are about 9.8 million people in the UK with some form of disability - one in seven of the population.
The Exeter Chamber of Commerce & Industry is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
We include the following features designed to improve accessibility for users with disabilities:
- This website endeavors to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0.
- This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for XHTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant XHTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
- Tab indexes are set such that the content links are presented first in the sequence they appear on the page.
- Links in the content show up as default link colours. They have no behaviors attached to them.
- Navigation items have background changes to highlight links and current page.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- Links to external web sites open up a new browser window where this is supported by the browser otherwise the same browser window is used.
- This web site can be navigated without the use of a mouse.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes.
- Content has been separated from visual design and cascading style sheets (CSS) are used for visual layout.
- Only relative font sizes, compatible with the user specified "text size" option in visual browsers are used.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support style sheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
From time to time it is necessary for us to carry out changes and developments to areas of the website, unfortunately during these times these areas may not fully conform to our accessibility guidelines outlined above.
If you should experience any difficulty in accessing any area of the Exeter Chamber of Commerce & Industry website, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the contact form provided outlining the exact nature of the problem and your contact details.
- Marsh Barton Forum Event
Date: Thursday 3rd March Venue: Stockma...more
- Director's Breakfast
Director's Breakfast Forum St Olaves H...more
- Construction Consultants relocate to new Head Office
Haldons Ltd., a multi-discipline firm with of...more
- Nominations for the Exeter Living Awards close tomorrow!
The Exeter Living Awards is the city’s ...more