- Tozers Solicitors and Pluss would like to invite you to the inaugural meeting of their HR breakfast club on Friday 19 July at the offices of Pluss, Basepoint Business Centre from 8.30am. The purpose of the club is to provide an opportunity for those with responsibility for HR at businesses on Marsh Barton to meet and network on a regular basis with a view to sharing knowledge and build informal support networks. Attendance is FREE. For more details call Sarah on 01392 667699.
DHQS Ltd - DHQS rolls out Project Management serviceDHQS are pleased to announce the addition of Project Management to our service lines - see Exeter Chamber press release link - http://www.exeterchamber.co.uk/dhqs-rolls-out-project-management-service-line/news/
- Members of staff from Wealth Management company Brewin Dolphin, Exeter and Francis Clark the largest independent Accountants in the South West, joined forces by donning their brightest clothes to wear to work on Friday 10th May. The colourful pledge was in support of the Exeter Royal Academy for Deaf Education which was nominated by each company as their charity of the year.
- Haines Watts is shorted for 'Auditor of the Year 2013' in the SME's category at the national FD's Excellence Awards.
The FD's Excellence Awards recognises the UK's top Financial Directors and their service providers. Created by the Real Business the awards are held in association with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and supported by the CBI. The announcement will be made on 9th HMay at the prestigious awards ceremony held in London
- 175 visitors were welcomed with Raspebery Bellini and canapes at the launch of the newly opened luxurious Radiance MediSpa in New North Road, Exeter. Hosted by Judi Spiers it raised over £400 for The Lady Taverners and Look Good Feel Better. Guests enjoyed complimentary taster sessions in each of the 11 sumptuous treatment roms plus talks and demonstrations. www.radiancemedispa.co.uk
- Join Tozers LLP for their series of spring employment law seminars held at three venues over the south west throughout May. They will discuss how to effectively manage employee absence in the workplace. For more information and to secure your place, please contact Sarah Bott on 01392 667699 or email email@example.com
- Brewin Dolphin launch new charity of the year, Exeter Royal Academy for Deaf Education with a special visit. Ten students watched the first team squad in training and met each of the players. They also had an interactive tour of the facilities at Sandy Park. This followed with a Q&A session with International Winger Gonzalo Camacho. The Chiefs taught the students the Tomahawk chop chant and autographed their programmes. ITV Westcountry & Heart Radio were present.
- Haines Watts Chartered Accountants specialising in the owner-managed business sector announce Fern Stephens a member of the audit and accounts department is now a fully qualified chartered accountant having passed her exams.
Fern studied with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) advanced stage and is now fully-qualified as a chartered accountant. In addition Fern has been promoted to Acccounts & Audit Assistant Manager looking after a variety of clients.
- Haines Watts urges local taxpayers with undisclosed HSBCbank accounts in Jersey to seek advice as a matter of priority. The warning comes after a list of names, addresses and account balances of over 4k U residents with offshore accounts totalling Â£699m was given to HMRC by a secret source.
Patrick Tigwell Partner says: "Those HSBC account holders who have not complied with UK tax obligations need to act quickly and get professional help to avoid a heavy penalty in the form of a fine."
- A team of professionals from two leading Exeter-based businesses co-hosted a joint seminar held in the Sidmouth Pavilion in aid of Sidmouth Hospiscare. Celebrating its 250th anniversary, Wealth Managers Brewin Dolphin joined forces with Francis Clark, one of the largest accountancy and Financial Planning practices in the region. The seminar focused on inheritance tax, financial planning and investing for income. Â£500 was raised for the charity including donations from the two firms.