NewsBack to News
Friday 11th March 2016
07:45am to 09:30am
Santander Corporate & Commercial Bank - Santander UK plc Milford House. Pynes Hill. Exeter, Devon EX2 5TH GB
Mark Shepherd, the Chair of Exeter & Heart of Devon Employment and Skills Board invites you to join us for our free business breakfast focussing on higher, graduate and STEM apprenticeships.
The Government has planned significant changes to Apprenticeships from 2017 including the introduction of an Employer Levy and a mandatory level of apprenticeships within the Public Sector. There will be an incentive of up to £15K for all employers, regardless of their size, who employ apprentices. If your organisation wants to grow its own talent through apprenticeships before 2017 there are grants of £1500 per apprentice (aged 16-24 years) available to SMEs right now.
Who is this for?
- Employers who want to grow their own top talent
- Have benefitted from employing Intermediate and Advanced level apprentices but would like to explore Higher or Graduate apprenticeships
- Operate in Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics(STEM) and Knowledge Based Industries (KBI)
- Are interested in finding out about BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeships
What will happen at the event?
- Lovely free breakfast and corporate hospitality
- Short presentations from employers with successful apprenticeship programmes and from Simon McGinnes University of Exeter lead on BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeships
- Practitioner and Expert panel discussion
- Networking including with representatives local Apprenticeship Ambassador Network
- Information and guidance resources
Parking: Please car share if possible as parking is limited. When you arrive by car please pull up to the barrier and press the Santander button and they will give instructions on where to park.
Further information can be found at: http://greaterexeterskills.com/tag/national-apprenticeship-week/ or by calling 01392 265344
Exeter businesses are being offered the chance to prepare
themselves for the escalating war against cyber crime.
The UK's only...
Sarah West recently welcomed new Consultant Adam Rooke on board, who’s joined the team to focus on Sales recruitment.
More than two in five (41%) business owners in the South West fear that their management team will cause them...