NewsBack to News
Beginning on 22nd January, Devon County Council will be undertaking lining, maintenance and defect correction works at Sandygate Roundabout (including the motorway services roundabout), this is an urgent road booking to resolve these outstanding issues.
In order to carry out the work in the most efficient way possible we will be closing the Motorway junction overnight (8pm – 5am) for a period of 3 nights with 2 nights as contingency.
We’re giving you advance warning of these works to enable your business to plan appropriately. A series of fully signed diversions will be in place and whilst they will cater for all car/van movements they will not all be suitable for HGVs.
Instructions for night-time HGV movements from Exeter to East Devon (and vice versa)
In order to minimise disruption the intention is to allow HGVs travelling from Exeter to East Devon, or vice versa, through the closed junction in a controlled manner.
- Access will only be permitted to HGVs, smaller vehicles will be asked to follow the diversions.
- HGV drivers will be stopped at the edge of the site and may be asked to wait for a short while for an appropriate opportunity to be escorted across the site.
- There will be no access on or off the M5 at Jct 30, motorway access will be maintained at Jct 29.
Please note that because lining works extend across all lanes in some locations at certain times it will not be possible for HGV’s to travel through at these times and vehicles maybe held for a short time approx. 30 minutes to facilitate these works being carried out safely.
Although we are attempting to contact as many businesses as possible in the vicinity of the works it is likely we will have missed some, please pass this information on to anyone you feel might benefit from it.
During the works Shaun Keast will be the Site Manager and can be contacted on 07984 484646.
Thank you for your patience and continued co-operation with these major and complex works.
It's been a tough few years for Exeter-based airline Flybe. Now, after its rescue by Virgin Connect, the company says...
- New year-round routes to London Gatwick and Amsterdam
- Up to five extra flights a week to Manchester
- Second aircraft based at Cornwall...
The Clyst is a stunning five-bedroom, two and a half storey home with a family garage and 2 parking spaces....