NewsBack to News
- A high-quality and distinctive mobile pop-up café at the top of South Street to act as a focal point.
- Consider closing off selected existing on-street parking bays and allowing use of the street by local traders for external seating
- Increasing the area for the Street Market, utilising parking bays, to create a more spacious and attractive market
- Pop up cafés and seating areas at key locations within closed off on-street parking bays
- Widen the pedestrian-cycle bridge at the entrance to Cathedral and Quay car park and sign this as the route to the Quay
- Consider removing on street parking to Lower Coombe Street and widening the pavement to create a shared foot-cycle way
- Encourage conversion of upper floors to residential or employment use in council-owned buildings
- Consider providing grants for building enhancement - encourage facade and shopfront enhancement to improve the character of the street and increase vertical emphasis and rhythm along the street
- Cathedral & Quay Car Park - enhancement scheme to improve lighting, remove planters which reduce daylight to parking decks, improve signage to decks and directional signage to city centre.
Leaders of Exeter City Council have agreed to investigate doubling the size of the Corn Exchange, but it's going to be...
- Green Hotspot - Exeter sees 157% growth in ULEV registrations over past 12 months
- Green Notspot - Sunderland sees just 6.5%...
Devon-based commercial waste management firm DCW has recently taken steps to improve the safety of its drivers and the communities...