NewsBack to News
Our Strategy 2018-21
The Corporate Plan for 2018-21 is a list of our priorities for the next few years, working alongside our partners and with your communities to continue to make Exeter a happy and healthy place to live for everyone.
As leaders of the City and the Council we will:
- Help deliver the emerging Exeter Vision 2040, by providing services and developments that build on Exeter’s growth and success and meet local communities’ aspirations
- Focus on three strategic programmes that address the current, major challenges facing the city:
- Tackling congestion and accessibility
- Promoting active and healthy lifestyles
- Building great neighbourhood
- Provide value-for-money services despite continuing central government budget reductions
- Lead a well-run council
Exeter needs a new vision to replace Exeter Vision 2020. We have been working with our partners and communities to understand their aspirations for the next 20 years. The emerging picture is captured in the document available for download below and we will be refining this over the coming months.
"By the time they are an adult, a child born in Exeter today will live in a city that is inclusive, healthy and sustainable – a city where the opportunities and benefits of prosperity are shared and all citizens are able to participate fully in the city’s economic, social, cultural and civic life."
Our full Strategy and Emerging Vision is detailed in the Exeter Corporate Plan document which we encourage you to download and read. Please visit our website HERE to find the documents.
Come along and enjoy a superb day of racing, as Exeter Racecourse supports the Armed Forces on Sunday, February 9.
In 2019, Exeter Chamber delivered close to 70 events, welcoming over 2,500 attendees from businesses across the Greater Exeter area. ...