NewsBack to News
The sponsors and partners of Building Greater Exeter met in mid-December to receive a project update.
The project now has 18 sponsors from a range of private and public sector organisations across the Greater Exeter area. They are all signed up to supporting the project achieve its 3 key aims:
- Inspire the future workforce through an effective engagement programme with schools and young people
- Support employers by facilitating recruitment to existing vacancies through up-skilling and re-skilling
- Support the adoption of the National Skills Academy for Construction model through the Client Based Approach
Since the project launched officially on 22 October, a number of activities have been held and events attended, achieving the following:
- 650 Students engaged across a number of events
- 170 Construction / Property based businesses reached
- 25 Military personnel attended an event focused on opportunities within construction
- 20 People / organisations from the voluntary sector
- 30,000 tweet impressions
- 700 website visits
Work is now underway to represent the project and sponsors at a number of events in 2019, these include:
- St.Peters School Careers Fair – 17th January
- National Apprenticeship Show, South West – 30th and 31st January, Westpoint
- Apprenticeship Expo – 7th March
- Exeter Jobs Fair – 14th March
We are also holding a Construction Ambassador Training session in Exeter on 6th February; if you are interested in attending, please register here; Go Construct Ambassador Training
If you are interested in finding out more about Building Greater Exeter, please visit our website buildinggreaterexeter.co.uk
Don't miss the launch of the 2019 Exeter Business Awards.
The awards are designed to celebrate the achievements of businesses...
Following the hugely successful technology industry event in 2016, the organisers of Venturefest South West have today announced a second...