NewsBack to News
Want to know how to pitch to the media to secure press coverage? Looking to improve your skills, secure better results and crack the national press? Or, do you simply want to build your confidence and even learn to love pitching? Don’t miss Pitch Craft.
Come along and join a small, supportive group to learn how to pitch and sell in your story to the media to secure high profile media coverage for you, your business or the business you work for.
Join Ellen Carroll for this interactive and highly practical Pitch Craft course. Ellen will guide you through the art of Pitch Craft – to help you step out of the shadows and step up with PR that PAYS.
Ellen will share her experience and Pitch Craft expertise gained from over 22 years’ of pitching and securing press coverage right across the media landscape from the likes of BBC Breakfast and Radio 4, FT, The Times, Telegraph and Guardian, Marie Claire, regional newspapers, glossy and business magazines, blogs, trade, online and broadcast media.
• The value of earned press coverage
• The challenge of pitching and selling in your story
• Mistakes to avoid
• Opportunities and why good Pitch Craft is needed – what makes a good pitch
• How to research the press and media contacts with tips on building your press list
• Opportunities to secure press coverage from features to interviews, articles and everything else in between
• The power of the hook and crafting a great story
• How to craft and structure your pitch
• The importance of the subject line
• Vital information to include
• How to provide extra value and make it easier for the media to use your pitch
• Advice on timing
• How to pitch: guidance on email, telephone, and social media pitching
• Relationship-building for long-term success
• Building on your success, what next and how to amplify your press coverage
• Dealing with rejection
• Building confidence and Pitch Craft expertise
• Sharing and celebrating your success.
During the course, there will also be:
• Plenty of real-life examples of successful pitches
• Top tips on securing press coverage
• Practical exercises, including a session where you work on your own pitch
• Q&A and plenty of time to share your experiences, gain feedback and join in on discussions
• Refreshments and lunch
• Invitation to join our Facebook group for you to share your successes.
The Pitch Craft course is for you if:
• You’re a PR or comms professional (in-house, agency or freelance) who wants to gain more confidence, learn to love pitching or get better at pitching to achieve better results and more press coverage
• You’re a business owner, entrepreneur, business leader or expert who wants to step out of the shadows and secure more high-profile press coverage for yourself and/or your business.
As a result of attending this practical session, you’ll come away with a completed pitch to sell into the media and have renewed confidence and enthusiasm.
All attendees will also be invited to join the free PR that Pays Facebook group to share successes.
What clients say about Ellen
"Unlocked the power of PR for us"
"We secured our first ever national press coverage with pieces in The Express and The Telegraph on the back of Ellen’s Pitch Craft support.”
What the media say about Ellen
“Understanding the kind of content that a particular journalist needs is key to success as a PR. Many don’t get it right but Ellen is one of the PRs who does. She knows what makes a good story and just how to get the attention of us hacks! Highly recommended.”
For more information click here.
Train operator Great Western Railway is reminding passengers of upcoming engineering works which will affect journeys through the South...
Access to two city centre car parks is changing later this month to facilitate highways works necessary for the redevelopment...