NewsBack to News
How to effectively communicate with your data - a workshop delivered by Dan Isaac FCCA.
Visit Dan Isaac's website, for more information about the Data Visualisation training.
Book your place at an upcoming 'open' workshop
The following 'open' data visualisation workshop is available for you to book onto now:
- Date: Friday 24 May 2019
- Venue: XFi Building, University of Exeter Streatham Campus
- Cost: Tickets are available at a fantastic rate of £145+ VAT per person (including lunch and refreshments)
- Booking: Book your space now using the Online Store.
Please be aware that we are also looking to book 'open' workshops in additional locations, including London. If your organisation would be interested in hosting an 'open' event or if you'd like to be added to our waiting list please get in touch with Dan Isaac: email@example.com
About the workshop
The aim of this workshop is to share and discuss the some key principles for effective data visualisation and to inspire you to start to tell better stories with your data.
Creating effective data visualisations is no longer a task for highly technical specialists and design professionals. In the modern workplace, we are all responsible for the data that we produce and learning how to effectively communicate with this data can be an invaluable asset.
Learning the fundamental principles behind good data visualisation can:.
- Simplify the process of presenting data in tables and graphs.
- Help those working with data to engage, captivate and influence their audience.
- Ensure that the story being presented can be easily understood.
- Allow decision-maker to get answers more quickly.
The workshop is aimed at anyone who works with data as part of their role. From administrators, analysts and accountants to researchers, teachers and senior managers, we can all benefit from learning the theory behind creating great graphics.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Critically review a data visualisation and understand what makes one example more effective than another.
- Understand some key psychological principles and their significance to the design of an effective data visualisation. This includes an understanding of the importance of storytelling when communicating with data.
- Present data clearly within a table in order to effectively communicate a story.
- Identify and utilise the key components within graphical representations of data.
- Select the type of graph which best communicates the different relationships that exist within data.
- Present data clearly within a selected graph type in order to effectively communicate a story.
You’re invited to celebrate the official launch of Offices at No.1 with plenty of fizz, nibbles and entertainment from Exeter...
NELLO 2019 | 30th June
The biggest fundraising event on FORCE Cancer Charity’s calendar will reach a significant...