NewsBack to News
Upcoming improvements taking place in west Cornwall, this starts on Saturday and will run through to Sunday 23 February so don’t forget to check carefully if you’re travelling during this time.
Network Rail will be using this time to renew track through Camborne as well as waterproofing the viaduct in Hayle. The St Ives Bay Line will also be closed from Saturday 15 to Tuesday 18 February for bridge renewals. To find out more visit GWR.com/WestCornwall.
To follow this, there will be a series of other improvement works. Here is a summary:
· Sunday 1 March – buses replace trains between Truro and Penzance (including the St Ives Bay Line). This is a planned follow-up on the back of the main closure
· Tuesday 3 to Thursday 5 March - Buses will replace trains on the branch line between Liskeard and Looe for bridge renewals. To find out more, visit GWR.com/Looe
· Sunday 8 March – buses replace trains between Liskeard and Truro (including the Atlantic Coast Line to Newquay)
· Weekends of 14/15 and 21/22 March – buses replace trains on the Atlantic Coast Line. Buses will start/terminate at St Austell instead of Par
Exeter’s local radio station, Radio Exe, will be baring all and sharing their recent experience of a ransomware attack...
- New year-round routes to London Gatwick and Amsterdam
- Up to five extra flights a week to Manchester
- Second aircraft based at Cornwall...