NewsBack to News
- Stars Awards recognises shining stars amongst 24,000 employees across the country
- Nominations received from customers and employees
- Awards recognise excellence over key areas including service to customers, safety, health and wellbeing, environment, community and innovation
- Winners from a wide range of businesses covering Stagecoach services in the West, West Scotland, South West, London, Merseyside & South Lancashire, Cumbria and North Lancashire, Manchester, Yorkshire, East Midlands and South Wales
Stagecoach has named the winners of this year’s Stars Awards, an annual awards event designed to recognise its shining stars and the employees across the country, who have delivered above and beyond. Sonia Mellish, Operations Assistant at Stagecoach South West took home this year’s highly commended award.
Sonia joined Stagecoach in 2015 as a part-time Admin Clerk. She has been a Health & Wellbeing champion for more than a year now, and is a popular and well-respected colleague. Sonia has done an amazing amount of work promoting health and wellbeing in the South West. She has led and developed regular campaigns on both healthy lifestyle and the mental health agenda. Her passion for helping others is inspiring.
Ian Thomas, Exeter bus station controller was also nominated for inspirational leader award. Nominations were received from staff and customers, with 32 individuals and six teams shortlisted in the awards. The employee awards, now in their 11th year, recognise excellence over key areas including service to customers, safety, health and wellbeing, environment, community and innovation. Winners at the event received a trophy and a cash prize and an overnight stay in Edinburgh with their guests.
Mike Watson, Managing Director of Stagecoach South West said: “I am delighted that Sonia and all the other winners are being recognised for their hard work and dedication. Without these everyday heroes we would not be able to deliver a great service for our customers.
The work that Sonia has been involved with in the South West has not only been instrumental for us as a business but she has also played a huge role within our local community raising thousands of pounds for local charities through various fundraisers and community engagement activities.”
For more information about Stagecoach or to download a copy of the Winner’s brochure, visit stagecoachgroup.com.
A new campaign encouraging people who live in Devon to put their county first as it begins its recovery from the...
Wednesday 17th June, 11am - Bishop Fleming ‘Conversations with… Howard Davies of Salcombe Distilling Co’ >> https://www.bishopfleming.co.uk/insights/events/webinar-conversations-howard-davies-salcombe-distilling-co
- Industry joins together to mark Bus and Coach Worker Support Day
- Public thank you for country’s bus and coach workers for...