NewsBack to News
Network Rail Wales & Western are continuing their programme of rail improvement works keeping the railway safe and reliable.
The planned engineering work will protect the route between Reading and Taunton for years ahead and ensure the safety of train services between London and the South West. As a result of these works, we will be unable to operate some trains as normal on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 November.
More information can be found on our website at www.GWR.com/Wessex, and the key details are listed below.
- Most long-distance services running between London and the South West will be diverted via Bristol between Reading and Taunton on these dates, adding up to 15 minutes to the journey time.
- However, some stopping services via Newbury will still operate – terminating at Westbury on the Saturday or at Frome on the Sunday with replacement buses running to Castle Cary and Taunton.
- Trains from Bristol to Weymouth will terminate at Frome on both dates with replacement buses to Bruton and Castle Cary where trains then continue to Weymouth.
We are working to support safe shopping in high streets and neighbourhoods. To make sure we respond to the needs...
The Government has today (Tuesday 1 December) launched a number of immigration routes under the UK’s new points-based immigration system, including the Skilled Worker...
- InExeter supports over 600 businesses across all sizes and sectors of business
- Major regional destination for shopping, leisure, and food &...