CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Advice for Exeter businesses
Exeter Chamber has pooled together resources and information for business to help at this time.
If you have any resources that you would like to share with members, please send them through to the Chamber office.
This page will be updated regularly as wider information and advice changes from Public Health England.
GOVERNMENT BUSINESS SUPPORT AND ADVICE:
The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
This includes a package of measures to support businesses including:
- a Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- a Statutory Sick Pay relief package for small and medium sized businesses (SMEs)
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
GUIDANCE FOR BUSINESS
Businesses are advised to keep updated on the latest information and advice to inform their response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Here follows links to advice and guidance from Heart of the South West Growth Hub.
GUIDANCE FOR SECURE HOME WORKING
To help people ensure their organisations and staff stay secure through the impact of Coronavirus, Securious are making available resources here to help provide guidance.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice in Devon
Devon County Council's advice page will be updated with the latest information and guidance as it becomes available.
Coronavirus: advice for employers and employees
Employers should consider some simple steps to help protect
the health and safety of everyone during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This advice is being reviewed daily and contains the latest advice for employers and employees.
Free Homeworking Policy
Chamber Premium Partner, Wollens are making available a FREE homeworking policy template to protect the huge numbers of businesses and their employees who are, or will shortly be, working from home.
REMOTE WORKING ADVICE LINE
Businesses across the south west, who are facing changes to their working environments due to the coronavirus pandemic, will be able to access free advice and support on remote and home working with the launch of a new helpline from digital agency, Cosmic.
The UK has now moved into the delay stage of dealing with Covid-19. People are very concerned, growing numbers of businesses are being affected and with yesterday’s announcement of schools closing from Friday, that impact is going to be felt all the more. Stephens Scown have put together their answers for the ten questions that we are most frequently being asked by their clients.
Inspire and South West Growth Service have launched a support service that will allow business owners to have comprehensive advice from experienced management consultants as part of an overarching programme to protect SW businesses from the worst of the Coronavirus impacts and to facilitate seeing the opportunities that lie ahead in a collaborative way.
MEMBER BUSINESS SUPPORT
Exeter Chamber is collating insight from businesses on the impact of COVID-19 / Coronavirus in order to feed on the ground information to local and national government.
Please feed back any issues you are having due to:
- Supplies, exports or imports in dealings with China, or other countries (South Korea; Japan; Italy etc.)
- UK focused issues
- Envisaged/expected issues in the next 2 months
- Any potential related downturn/upturn in business/changes in demand/loss of markets
- Company financing
Tell us how we can support you. Please email email@example.com
One of the Westcountry’s leading suppliers of quality poultry, meat, game and speciality foods to the catering industry has...
Exeter College student Scott Stephens has been awarded a prestigious Green Gown Award – the second year running an Exeter...
A survey of tech companies across the South West has revealed that artificial intelligence is the most widely anticipated business...