Exeter Stronger Together
Exeter Stronger Together is a taskforce supporting Greater Exeter (including East Devon and Teignbridge) during the coronavirus crisis.
The group includes representatives from Exeter Chamber of Commerce, InExeter, Tech South West, the FSB, the Heart of the South West Skills Partnership, Exeter City Council and local independent media organisations Radio Exe and Grow. We are focusing on supporting businesses in the Greater Exeter area including East Devon and Teignbridge.
Our first project is a video marketing campaign with a ‘buy local’ video (link) featuring people from across the area putting the spotlight on local businesses they support.
Be part of it!
We’d love you to be part of the campaign.
We’re putting together more videos – and are encouraging submissions from everyone grandparents, parents, young people, business owners, community leaders, volunteers, key workers - representing the wonderful communities we have across the area.
Everyone will be telling us about one thing they buy locally (while of course staying safe).
This is for shops but also local businesses of every type.
If you want to be part of our next video please record a short (10 seconds is plenty) video clip we can use.
Here’s how you do it:
- Grab your phone and (ideally) a willing volunteer to film you using the back camera
- Hold your phone horizontally (sideways) for a landscape clip
- Find somewhere with limited background noise
- Record yourself using this script for guidance (please stick to this format):
- Example: I am Simon Smith. I buy groceries from the Spar in Stoke Canon. We are Stronger Together
- Fill in the blanks for your video: I am XX (you can also mention your business here if you have one). I buy XX at XX in XX. We are Stronger Together.
- Once you’ve recorded it please send the file to email@example.com via We Transfer
Here’s an example https://vimeo.com/415454825
Finally, please stay safe when recording - so in your home or garden, or when out on permitted exercise or at work, whilst following Government guidelines, including on social distancing.
The videos will be made available for people to share and for local shops, businesses, Exeter City Council and other organisations to use across social media channels to support the campaign as we start to emerge from lockdown in the coming weeks and months.
It only works if people help out - so please get involved if you can!
Posh nosh and posh cars were the order of the day during a special business seminar in Exeter.
The event was...
A new campaign encouraging people who live in Devon to put their county first as it begins its recovery from the...
- Stars Awards recognises shining stars amongst 24,000 employees across the country
- Nominations received from customers and employees
- Awards recognise excellence over...