Exeter Initiative for Science and Technology (ExIST)
The ExIST group was founded by Exeter Chamber of Commerce and Industry in association with Exeter’s leading research and development organisations. The group has come together to showcase science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine in Exeter. We aim to represent and assist private sector innovation and so far, the response has been better than we could have hoped.
The Steering Group for ExIST comprises representatives from some of the most high profile organisations and innovative businesses in the area. Furthermore ExIST’s work will complement Exeter’s City of Science initiative which strives to raise Exeter’s profile as an internationally renowned location and gateway for excellence in science, research and innovation.
Our ultimate goal is to make Exeter an even better place to do business for Science and Technology companies and organisations. We are approaching this goal in a number of ways.
Read more about the group's Aims and Objectives below:
Optimising interaction between companies
- Sharing best practice
- Enabling procurement and supply chain opportunities
- Expanding local networking and collaboration
- Increasing awareness of activites
Raising the profile of Exeter as a centre for Science and Technology
- Supporting recruitment, apprenticeships and training opportunities
- Increasing employment opportunities for University graduates
- Encouraging inward investment, industry clusters, and start-ups
- Informing the Government of public and private sector initiatives
Building relationships between education and business
- Enabling knowledge transfer between education and research centres and local businesses
- Building closer links with local education providers to develop skills and encourage ambition
- Raising awareness of the science and technology base and its excellence
- Linking with training providers to highlight the training on offer in Exeter, see www.existexeter.co.uk/training
Trade & Investment
Participating in Government initiatives and investment
- Increasing trade and investment
- Signposting and facilitating access to services
- Facilitating and promoting an Exeter Science and Technology business community
- Providing a focal point for public sector support
- Aiding infrastructure, investment and support
Members Of This Group
Exeter Racecourse’s annual Clydesdale race, which is traditionally held every year on Devon Day, has raised nearly £5000 for Devon...
Bringing together the combined skills and assets of 2 Devon based Cycling businesses to organise a series of road cycling...
Sampson Hall are offering a great discount for their event on 22 March for Chamber members.
For only £95.
International Women’s Day was a hugely...